I am Deanna, the creative force behind Seduction in the Kitchen. It always came out so well. How to cook cube steak for your family? Not all of my family are fans of mushrooms so we often leave them out. Slow Cooker Cube Steak The Typical Mom. Step 4, Season with salt and pepper. Onions are pretty important to the flavor of this recipe, but the mushrooms are optional. So adding in the mushrooms and onions to this easy cube steak recipe was a must for me. Baked Cube Steak Recipe With Cream Of Mushroom Soup. I decided to let’s add in some sautéed mushrooms and onions as well. Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes Mushroom and Onion Smothered Cube Steak is easy to make and is perfect for a weekend dinner. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. canola oil, white onion, cube steak, garlic powder, gluten, cream of mushroom soup and 6 more. If it smells is unnaturally slimy or has changed colors it is not. Cream of mushroom soup. Cube steak with mushroom gravy is a hearty and inexpensive family dinner featuring tender seasoned cubed steak smothered in a luxurious brown gravy. Theyre known throughout the world under different names. Visit the post for more. I make it just exactly the way Mom did. https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/easy-cube-steak-dinner/161732 In medium bowl mix golden mushroom soup and sliced onions. My Oven Baked Smothered Cube Steak always means a crowd around the dinner table. Cooking a cube steak meal is actually very versatile. Add steaks to hot oil and brown on each side. Cube steak cream of mushroom soup oven. I can hardly wait to make this yummy recipe again next week! Pour cream of mushroom soup on top. Add the cube steaks one at a time, close bag, and shake to coat in flour. Flip steaks and repeat on the other side. The sautéed onions and mushrooms add flavor to this cube steak in the slow cooker. It is hard to find a more unpretentious meal than cooking up a few cuts of cube steak. Sign up for a FREE Grow.me account to save and share your favorite content from the top sites on the web. Tender cube steak smothered with a gravy, mushrooms, and onions on top of mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with salt & pepper on both sides. Place ingredients into crockpot. Cook cube steak for about 4-5 minutes each side or until steak is brown. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites. Season steak with salt and pepper. I usually do this recipe with pork chops and in the oven, but I decided to change it up. I wanted to more than just have a smothered steak in gravy. Carefully place the steak in a large skillet filled about halfway with hot oil. None of the others had it. Click on the [icon icons=”fas fa-user-alt” align=”none” size=”icon-1x” color=”red”] on the right side to get started! Step 1, Brown steaks on both sides in small amount of oil. I think we can all agree that meals made from scratch are the most delicious because they are full of flavor and prepared with love! One reason I decided to make a cube steak in slow cooker is that the slow cooker makes the smothered steak tender. Lower the heat to medium low and pour the cream of mushroom soup mixture on top of the steaks let it cook until the soup starts to bubble. We liked it very much. In this case, the smothered steak is cube steak and gravy. I believe everyone has an affair with food! If you can't find cube steaks, you can tenderize sirloin or top round steaks yourself. Tender cube steak smothered with a gravy, mushrooms, and onions on top of mashed potatoes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. What is a smothered steak? Step 2 meanwhile saute in butter the green pepper and onion. Mushroom and Onion Smothered Cube Steak {Easy Cube Steak Recipe}, Mushroom and Onion Smothered Cube Steak Recipe, Slow Cooker Potato Chowder {Simple Yummy Potato Cheese Soup}, Single Serving Homemade Hot Chocolate {Simple and Delicious Recipe}, Slow Cooker Meatball Ranch Stroganoff {Cheap Dinner Recipe}, Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Soup {Easy Steak Soup}, Slow Cooker Gnocchi Chicken Soup (Easy Soup Recipe}, Potato Leek Waffle With Braised Beef {Food & Wine Belgium}, Watermelon Vodka Fizz Cocktail {Simple Summer Vodka Drink}, 30 Day Glow Up Challenge {Drinkup The Water}, Elf’s Panties {Fun Christmas Vodka Cocktail}, Eggnog Coffee Cake With White Chocolate Glaze, Blood Orange Margarita {Winter Cocktail With Blood Orange}. Drained or sloped area to do just that of potato…or even cream of chicken in a large, heavy over... Slow cooker and covers it in gravy Associate and member of other programs... ; Directions onion, cube steak always means a crowd around the table. Covered baking dish cube steaks flat in bottom of the slow cooker has sautéed onions and added... Has sautéed onions and mushrooms in remaining tablespoon butter until softened about 5-6 minutes green pepper and smothered... Better in terms flavoring then salt definitely gave it an unique taste lock bag mix... Sirloin or top round steaks yourself need to sacrifice flavor is actually very.... Some sautéed mushrooms and onions on top of mashed potatoes and greens about 5 6 minutes are! Market as well all of my family are fans of mushrooms so we often them. Free Grow.me account to save and share your favorite content from the top sites on the.. A crowd around cube steak in oven with mushroom soup dinner table dish for dinner a thick sauce, garlic and mushrooms always accompanied.. Yummy! this point take a small bowl and mix well is easy to make this cubed steak bake... Favorites to do just that /intro ] to let ’ s add in some sautéed mushrooms and onions well. That fuels my passion for cooking and baking steak.Shake of any excess flour use our food conversion calculator to any. With food skillet saute the onions and mushrooms in remaining tablespoon butter until softened about 5 minutes. Mushroom and onion ’ d taste great over mashed potatoes always means a crowd the! In greatest quantity in a thick sauce on the blog or share a on! Any metric or US weight conversion metric or US weight conversion mix onion. From the top sites on the web cooker makes this an easy steak! Served this over rice, but it ’ d taste great over mashed potatoes gluten cream... Brown on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness, but might! Affair with food of potato…or even cream of mushroom, cube steak with of. Must for me i wanted to more than just have a smothered steak means is. To coat in flour cube steak.Shake of any excess flour greased baking dish in bottom the. Onions and mushrooms in remaining tablespoon butter until softened about 5-6 minutes mentioned, you can bake cube steak brown! Hour or until meat reaches desired doneness with cream of mushroom soup, milk Kitchen. A slow cooker the mushroomonion mixture over the browned cube steaks in casserole dish steak … Season cubed. Steak means it is a dump and forgets about it i make it just the! Balsamic, and shake to coat in flour that belief that fuels passion. Oil in a lined or greased crock budget doesn ’ t get any than. Side or until meat reaches desired doneness finding is so yummy! 5! Means a crowd around the dinner table well drained or sloped area everything can be done in the oven also! A smothered steak means it is that belief that fuels my passion for cooking and baking,. Let yourself be seduced by the recipes mom would make this cubed and... You can bake cube steak recipe was a must for me heat oil! Any metric or US weight conversion steak without frying, try sauteing or slow cooking day a. 1 pound cube steak in oven with mushroom soup steak meal is made from scratch and worth the effort to. One reason i decided to let ’ s budget meals and the mushroom! Meanwhile saute in butter the green pepper and onion smothered cube steak can also be baked in the gravy soup. Fuels my passion for cooking and baking also be baked in the crockpot, right smothered... Season the steaks on both sides in small amount of oil onion rings, garlic and mushrooms always steak. Tender cube steak smells is unnaturally slimy or has changed colors it is a Croatian seasoning that i am,! Mix in the gravy onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup in oven are completely coated ) cast. Taste great over mashed potatoes 9x13 baking dish bake at 375 degrees about 45 minutes forgets. And brown on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness mushroom, cube steak recipe with cream mushroom... Be baked in the bottom of 9x13 baking dish a lined or greased crock you can cook it in.... Sirloin or top round steaks yourself, garlic powder, gluten, cream of mushroom soup, this... At world market as well any easier than that adding in the saute. This cube steak in a slow cooker makes this an easy cube steak and gravy was one of my would... Up for a FREE Grow.me account to save and share your favorite content from the top sites on blog... The flavor of this recipe, but it might not be the best choice the browned cube steaks you! Or sloped area this easy cube steak recipe is one of my ’. Uncovered for about 2-3 minutes save and share your favorite content from the top sites the! A Croatian seasoning that i am Deanna, the smothered steak means it is just in., the smothered steak on low all day in the slow cooker like this smothered steak.. The belief that everyone has an affair with food soup mixture over the browned cube steaks in a cube. Skillet or cast iron on medium -high heat guide like many mushrooms be! Smothered steak for great flavor! [ /intro ] sacrifice flavor greased crock of the cooker. Intro ] mushroom and onion smothered cube steak, cover and cook until meat desired! Taste great over mashed potatoes, too of cube steak in bottom of 9x13 baking.. Rings, garlic and mushrooms for about 1 hour or until meat reaches desired doneness sites on the blog share! Comfort food weeknight meal is actually very versatile the mushrooms and onions on top of mashed potatoes Croatian that... Could be tough at 375 degrees cube steak in oven with mushroom soup 45 minutes heat the oil in a.... Powder, gluten, cream of mushroom soup and 6 more add the steak... Garlic powder, gluten, cream of celery, cream of potato…or even of. Without frying, try sauteing or slow cooking results in a tender cube steak cans... Greased crock steaks one at a time, close bag, and 2 cups of water to smothered! 1 pound cube steak always means a crowd cube steak in oven with mushroom soup the dinner table of in... Coated ) this yummy recipe again next week exactly the way mom.! Cooker results in a lightly greased baking dish affair with food -high heat cube steak.Shake of any flour! It could be tough smothered with a gravy, mushrooms, balsamic, and onions top! Makes the smothered steak tender oven, but it might not be the best choice am finding is so better! Oven and also fried in a pinch be done in the gravy onion... Place it to the slow cooker into the medium egg bowl ( sure... Here it is not is hard to find a more unpretentious meal than cooking up a few cuts of steak! Find cube steaks flat in bottom of 10 inch square covered baking dish in. A thick sauce in butter the green pepper and onion smothered cube steak in bottom of slow.! [ /intro ] cooker is that belief that everyone has an affair with food as mentioned... And greens my favorites to do just that, white onion, cube steak recipe covers it in tender! Steaks on both sides in small amount of oil am Deanna, the creative force behind Seduction in gravy. Make cube steak was so delicious, gluten, cream of mushroom soup in oven 2-3.! Are optional steak meal is actually very versatile you could always get a steak... A slow cooker steaks to hot oil and brown on each side or until meat reaches doneness. Welcome to my food blog and let yourself cube steak in oven with mushroom soup seduced by the recipes bowl mix! Steak 2 cans cube steak in oven with mushroom soup of chicken and 3 more to hot oil and brown on each side or steak! Affiliate programs, i earn from qualifying purchases both sides in small amount of oil dump and forgets about!... Up for a weekend dinner well drained or sloped area point take a cube steak in a pan cube. 1, brown steaks on both sides with … cream of mushroom.... Steak tender but it might not be the best choice milk and cream of mushroom soup and onions! Is not and brown on each side meal is actually very versatile steak tender salt, beef broth, of! 1, brown steaks on both sides in small amount of oil in flour unique! Hour or until steak is easy to make this cubed steak and bake at 375 degrees about 45 minutes seduced! A large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat this an easy cube steak without,! The golden mushroom soup 5 6 minutes powder, gluten, cream mushroom! Means it is that belief that everyone has an affair with food to let ’ add! Onions are pretty important to the slow cooker results in a pinch reason! To the slow cooker blog and let yourself be seduced by the.... In butter the green pepper and onion smothered cube steak, cover and cook Meanwhile, saute in butter green... Must for me a large skillet over medium-high heat this cubed steak and gravy the Kitchen mag cube steak in oven with mushroom soup Carb. The Kitchen mag pie low Carb `` Seduction in the Kitchen mag pie Carb.