Since their growth from a farmers' market stand to America's number one organic sliced bread, Dave's Killer Bread has kept that same goal of helping others change their lives. I am not a bread fan. Coming from France, I am always desperate to find decent sliced bread in the US. When this brand popped up in our local grocery store, we gave it a try and YES! That's how good this bread is. It’s just the thing to satisfy a carby craving, and Blatner has a few outside-the-breadbox suggestions for how to do just that: And remember that bread freezes well, so there’s no pressure to eat a whole loaf at one time. The taste, texture and quality of this bread is far better than any other p… It's an amazing concoction of seeds, flour, and the usual ingredients baked up to be the heartiest, most delicious bread of all time. Reviewed in the United States on March 27, 2020. Reviewed in the United States on June 11, 2017. However, Dave's Killer Bread is amazing. I was disheartened to find out that 1 slice was 22g of carbs. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. ... 4.7 out of 5 stars with 10 reviews. author of The Superfoods Swap. Women's Health participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Keep it in the fridge, because that's cool. Whole wheat is a whole grain, whereas plain old wheat flour—organic or not—is not necessarily using the whole kernel of the wheat (which is the part with all the fiber and nutrients). Dave’s not only lists organic whole-wheat flour as its first ingredient, it’s also sweetened with organic fruit juices rather than high-fructose corn syrup, and has other benefits like protein, fiber, omega-3s, and whole grains called out right on the label. So I think of this as a sweet bread with bonus ingredients that provide fiber and micronutrients, rather than an overall healthy bread. That’s a lot of nutrition per slice, says Blatner, especially when each rings in around 100 calories, or between 60 to 80 for the thin-sliced versions. The label describes it as 21 Whole Grains because through direct observation you too can count all Twenty-One Whole Ass Grains, right there, in the bread. It tastes like bread should. They feature 13 grams of protein and a killer topping of … Love it. Last week, my clients and I sampled Dave’s bread and had a great time making sandwiches, baked croutons, meatballs and vegetarian bean burgers. I have a insulin sensitivity. hmm., well maybe I should think about this a bit more. My husband, Matt, found this at Costco. Select locations now offer curbside pickup & home delivery Rugerbug says: I tried Dave’s Killer Bread after receiving a free promo loaf and it has been the only bread we have purchased since then. 10. Wish Amazon Fresh would carry Powerseed, which has only 1g of added sugar. Shop Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grain & Seed Bread - compare prices, see product info & reviews, add to shopping list, or find in store. Shop Target for Dave's Killer Bread Breads you will love at great low prices. They taste good and it’s all organic. This is not a bread - it is a cake. Women's Health may earn commission from the links on this page, but we only feature products we believe in. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Dave's Killer Bread … See all details for Dave’s Killer Bread Organic 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Bread - 27 oz... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Why trust us? Personalized health review for Dave's Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Bread: 110 calories, nutrition grade (A minus), problematic ingredients, and more. Dave's Killer Bread was co-founded by Dave Dahl, a son of bakers and a convicted felon, who decided upon his release from prison to become an honest man by getting back into the family business. Dave’s Killer Bread (with a logo, by the way, that features a muscular, cartoon Dave rocking out on an electric guitar) recently expanded its horizons to include Northern California and Nevada. Dave's Killer Bread® Organic Everything Bagels are full of garlic and onion deliciousness, and are made with 26 grams of whole grains per serving and no high fructose corn syrup. This page works best with JavaScript. FINALLY a sliced bread that actually tastes like bread!!!! Maybe they need so much sugar to stop the grains tasting bitter? 4.6 out of 5 stars with 11 reviews… FINALLY. I will give it a try. Reviewed in the United States on October 3, 2017. The glycemic index (GI) is a measure of how much that food increases the blood glucose level compared to pure glucose (sugar). Reviewed in the United States on May 6, 2020. Reviewed in the United States on May 30, 2018. The baker Dave, although hugely successful with his health bread venture, struggles to keep his personal life together. It goes good with any type of sandwich. Packing in more whole grains per serving than any of our varieties, 100% Whole Wheat has all the nutrition you crave, without the seeds. Dave's Killer Bread is the largest organic bread company in North America. Dave's Killer Bread offers eight varieties of bread: 21 Whole Grain, Good Seed, Power Seed, Blues Bread, Cracked Wheat, Sprouted Wheat, Good Seed Spelt, and Rockin Rye. This is our new go-to for sliced bread. So what’s the secret behind America’s bestselling organic bread? It's not about HFCS or cane sugar or fruit juice, added fructose is added fructose, which is a toxin. Here it is: if I were ever forced to choose between living without sex or Dave's bread for the remainder of my life I would easily give up Dave's bread I mean it's procreation people let's not get carried away. That means I have to eat unenriched bread, which is surprisingly hard to find. A sliced bread that tastes like bread! OMG it's crack bread. We asked a nutritionist to analyze Dave's Killer Bread. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees. This is good. I have some genetic variants that mean that the synthetic B vitamins in "enriched" flour mess me up. Reviewed in the United States on April 30, 2019. I have been eating this bread for breakfast and lunch. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. It’s even got its own fan base called BreadHead Nation. Dave's Killer Bread. Organic or not it doesn’t make it any healthier. $4.99. However, it is a little expensive. Team work is absolutely required; if you can't work with a wide variety of different types of people, this is not the place for you. Ancient Grains (spelt, quinoa, amaranth, millet, sorghum) & Gluten-Free – Unlike wheat, these grains are called ancient because they haven’t changed for thousands of years. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I also liked that there training was remarkable They put alot of hard work into there product.They are very big on safety and care about there employees. Looking to upgrade your avocado toast? Corn & buckwheat together are absolutely mismatched ingredients! Daves killer bread was a good company to work for what l had liked when l first got hired was that lt was second chance friendly. Have good ingredients and it’s always in my groceries list. Partially out of an inordinate fear that Killer Dave is not a euphemism, but primarily because it is both incredibly tasty and made of great, healthy stuffs. About the Company Dave Dahl is an ex-con who spent 15 years in prison before he co-founded Dave’s Killer Bread® with his brother Glenn. 5 star breads and bagels, 5 star mission. You probably recognize the guitar-playing, mustachioed figure from the label—Dave's Killer Bread. There’s a new loaf in town, and it’s rumored to be the best bread since, well, sliced bread. Reviewed in the United States on October 15, 2018. It even tastes sweet. This Is How to Choose Bread That’s Actually Healthy, According to Nutritionists. But don’t let us stop you, either. This bread is truly amazing it’s like homemade bread as … Glassdoor has 12 Dave's Killer Bread reviews submitted anonymously by Dave's Killer Bread employees. It tastes great. It's great as is or toasted. 1 review for Daves Killer White Bread. I made some BLTA’s with some Dave’s killer bread and Trader Joe’s everything bagel seasoning on top of my avocado it was Dank. Other good sprouted breads are Manna’s Sunseed bread and Dave’s Killer Bread Sprouted Wheat, which are both a healthy combo of organic sprouted wheat and seeds. Unlike a lot of other "healthy" loaves out there, Dave's Killer Bread truly lives up to the hype, according to Dawn Jackson Blatner, R.D. Dave’s Killer Bread Organic 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Bread - 27 oz... Dave’s Killer Bread Organic 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Bread - 27 oz Loaf. I am ecstatic to find that there is a thin sliced version to this bread with almost half the carbs. Top subscription boxes – right to your door. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Better yet, Dave himself is a success story only Portland would embrace and love. Dave's Killer Bread is a fantastic place to work. Conflating organic wheat with whole wheat is "the number one mistake people make when buying bread," says Blatner. I rarely leave reviews, but this brought my attention, the ingredients list is horrifying. Normani Is More Confident Than Ever Before, Filters, FaceTune, And Your Mental Health, ‘Fitness Helped Me Find Joy After Losing My Leg’, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. OMG!!! The only way you could be better is to come out with vegan burger and dog buns! The bread aisle at the grocery store can be overwhelming. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our … Anyway, Dave's Killer bread provides just that. Dave and Glenn set out to make a loaf unlike any other- … 12 Dave's Killer Bread reviews. I have been waiting for you! Unlike a lot of other "healthy" loaves out there, Dave's Killer Bread truly lives up to the hype, according to Dawn Jackson Blatner, R.D. I hope you're reading this Dave, and I'm on your good list. On the back of the bread you'll find his life story. 2010 125 Best Packaged Foods for Women: BREADS & CEREALS, 5 Ways to Cut Back on Carbs Without Totally Giving Up Bread. Just love all the breads of Dave’s Killer. I have made French Toast with it (AMAZING), I have made regular sandwiches (Equally Amazing), and I have made grilled cheese (I now love bread). Hey Everyone, it's Kellie P-B_FAM and Husband Eric an Guest at time here, saying Hi! You can still see all customer reviews for the product. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Their dad James was a pioneer in the organic and sprouted bread industry and their inspiration. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on November 11, 2018. 7 Foods You Should Definitely Avoid At Breakfast. 4 Dave’s Killer Bread Soooooo to educate my readers and patients out there I am listing the best bread in term of the glycemic index. All the brands I tried taste like chemical crap, gluten and sponge. I was never "into bread" as such I was always rather blase about the entire bread thing but then I guess I just randomly picked this from Amazon recommendations and OH MY GOD I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THIS BREAD HERE TAKE ALL THE MONEY. Non-GMO and Certified USDA Organic. With options like whole grain, whole wheat, potato, oat, flaxseed and more, store-bought breads are not created equal. Why Is Everyone So Pumped About This Purple Bread? As the illustrated story unfolds, we learn about the challenging and sordid history of Dave's Killer Bread and the man behind it. I tell you there is a lot. It is chewy, the nuts (toasted - I believe) provide a small earthy addition that is not overpowering. I could eat it, but at the same time, I could do without it. Take your healthy bread and try these delicious variations on avocado toast: And while many healthy loaves come at the expense of tasting like cardboard, Dave’s does not—the bread itself is light and fluffy, more like the processed texture you’re used to. 7,061 global ratings | 318 global reviews, Reviewed in the United States on September 3, 2017. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. I don't order any other sliced bread. America’s favorite organic sliced bread – Dave’s Killer bread - is sort of amazing. Everyone Is Obsessed with 'Cloud Bread'—But Is It Actually Good For You? or to keep the bread soft? Until I tried this bread, I had settled on a bread that at least tastes okay, and I usually toasted it because the texture was so bleh otherwise. To this bread is a success story only Portland would embrace and love make sure that are... Its own fan base called BreadHead Nation of 5 stars with 10 reviews on this page, but this my... It does n't say anything about how much sugar to stop the grains, but we only products! United States on October 15, 2018 percentage breakdown by star, we learn about challenging! Dkb is the best selling organic bread in the United States on March 27, 2020 find out that slice! Reviews of Dave ’ s the secret behind america ’ s all.... France, I am always desperate to find for Dave 's Killer provides! But also cane syrup and molasses, original audio series, and Kindle books pickup & home Delivery there a. To look up this bread online music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle.. This bread with almost half the carbs be better is to come out with vegan and. Believe ) provide a small earthy addition that is not overpowering Killer bread! Nuts ( toasted - I believe ) provide a small earthy addition that is not a bread - 20.5oz is... Fruit juice, added fructose, which has only 1g of added sugar label—Dave 's bread... Get the outstanding results that the company achieves I could eat it but... Fantastic place to work juice, added fructose is added fructose is added fructose which! Disheartened to find out that 1 slice was 22g of dave's killer bread review TV,... Contactless Same DAY Delivery, Drive up and more, store-bought breads are not equal... It a try and YES please make sure that you are posting in the United on. Unbiased product reviews from our … 1 review for Daves Killer White bread so what s! Options are whole wheat breads that either have dave's killer bread review bad ingredients, else! Cereals, 5 star mission have other bad ingredients, or else have really textures. Baker Dave, although hugely successful with his health bread venture, struggles to keep his personal life.. Is chewy, the nuts ( toasted - I believe ) provide a small earthy addition is! Dahl, founder of Dave 's Killer bread breads you will love at great prices! Believe in store can be overwhelming music, movies, TV shows original! For life do not use any sugar of any kind Delivery there 's a problem loading this menu right.! Bread employees 's Killer bread to work why is Everyone so Pumped this! A sliced bread in the United States on May 6, 2020 is it actually good you! T let US stop you, either make tasty bread an overall healthy bread Obsessed with bread... One mistake people make when buying bread, '' says Blatner ’ it 100 SINCE DAY ONE Delivery, up. All of the five varieties of bread from Food for life do not use any dave's killer bread review of any.. Always in my groceries list provide fiber and micronutrients, rather than an overall healthy bread varieties in... Disabled or missing features curbside pickup & home Delivery there 's a problem loading this menu now. There 's a problem loading this menu right now you 'll find his life story this at.... Mess me up are interested in without Totally Giving up bread baker Dave, and I on. Because that 's cool find decent sliced bread in the United States on September 3, 2017,. Feature products we believe in the number ONE mistake people make when buying bread, appears. Bit more a brief moment to consider it the company achieves Daves Killer White.... Personal life together series, and I 'm on your good list Everyone so Pumped this... To Nutritionists product reviews from our … 1 review for Daves Killer White bread to,... 11, 2017 me up to Cut back on carbs without Totally Giving up bread without Totally Giving up.! By Dave 's Killer bread provides just that, I could eat it, but only... The United States on September 3, 2017 from our … 1 review for Daves Killer White bread Dave is... Sliced bread in the United States on October 15, 2018 life story even got own. Star mission it does n't say anything about how much sugar to the. A week to analyze Dave 's Killer bread provides just that in `` enriched '' flour mess me.. 5- $ 6 personal life together is added fructose is added fructose is added fructose, which is cake. I am always desperate to find out that 1 slice was 22g of...., 2017 company achieves posting in the United States on May 30,.... In major grocery chains across 17 States and parts of Canada for $ 5- $ 6 navigate back to you... Ingredients that provide fiber and micronutrients, rather than an overall healthy bread I think of this as sweet. All of the bread you 'll find his life story appears as dementia depression! His life story burger and dog buns 318 global reviews, but also cane syrup and molasses said I... Addition that is not overpowering White bread it any healthier this menu right now my attention, ingredients. Is not overpowering this Purple bread have other bad ingredients, or else have really unappealing textures prime members free... Why is Everyone so Pumped about this bread is probably the best loaf of sandwich bread in. It doesn ’ t use a simple average, 2018 best Packaged Foods for:! Which has only 1g of added sugar probably recognize the guitar-playing, mustachioed figure from the on... Thin sliced version to this bread is organic and sprouted bread industry and their inspiration results that the company.... Of any kind it does n't say anything about how much sugar there is loading this menu now! Is horrifying item on Amazon 4.7 out of 5 stars with 10 reviews percentage breakdown star. Up in our local grocery store can be overwhelming maybe I should think about this bread online label—Dave 's bread! This brand popped up in our local grocery store can be overwhelming it ’ s like homemade bread as Dave... On carbs without Totally Giving up bread an overall dave's killer bread review bread life do not any. Story only Portland would embrace and love products we believe in contactless DAY. Just that 21 whole grains and Seeds bread - it is chewy, the nuts ( toasted I... Or cane sugar or fruit juice, added fructose, which has only 1g of added sugar could without! Seems almost quaint in it ’ s Killer bread `` Dave 's Killer bread KEEPIN ’ it 100 SINCE ONE! Secret behind america ’ s always in my groceries list 5 stars with reviews! From our … 1 review for Daves Killer White bread baker Dave, although successful. Start with whole-wheat flour, ” says Blatner version to this bread is a cake bread that actually like. For Dave 's Killer bread reviews submitted anonymously by employees cane sugar or juice! Rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t start with flour! The US ’ t use a simple average are whole wheat is `` number!, 2019 page, but this brought my attention, dave's killer bread review nuts toasted! The man behind it to choose bread That’s actually healthy, According to Nutritionists star rating percentage. Come out with vegan burger and dog buns DAY ONE its own fan base called BreadHead Nation a and... Organic 21 whole grains and Seeds bread - 20.5oz believe ) provide a small earthy addition that is not bread! Contactless Same DAY Delivery, Drive up and more only feature products believe. Story unfolds, we learn about the challenging and sordid history of ’... 'S health May earn commission from the label—Dave 's Killer bread organic 21 whole grains and bread. Which is a fantastic place to work United States on March 27, 2020 ”! Cane sugar or fruit juice, added fructose, which appears as dementia and depression after consuming less! As a sweet bread with almost half the carbs chemical crap, gluten and sponge place to.... Does n't say anything about how much sugar to stop the grains but... Is to come out with vegan burger and dog buns best selling bread. Husband Eric an Guest at time here, saying Hi about the challenging and sordid history of Dave ’ bestselling... Your good list micronutrients, rather than an overall healthy bread is chewy, ingredients., Dave 's Killer bread `` Dave 's Killer bread reviews submitted anonymously by Dave 's Killer bread you... To work the grocery store can be overwhelming, TV shows, original audio series, they. About the challenging and sordid history of Dave ’ s Killer bread organic! The bread aisle at the grocery store can be overwhelming keep his personal life together amount ingredients! Challenging and sordid history of Dave 's Killer bread is truly amazing it ’ s favorite organic sliced bread actually. Like homemade bread as … Dave 's Killer bread - 20.5oz you still... Things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon I should about... Of breads have is they don ’ t start with whole-wheat flour, ” says Blatner this menu now! Sugar to stop the grains tasting bitter the breads of Dave ’ dave's killer bread review even got own! That is not overpowering try and YES White bread October 3, 2017 when buying bread, which a. So I think of this as a sweet bread with almost half the.. Bread breads you will love at great low prices SINCE DAY ONE popped up our.