Lying is not only what you say, but what you don’t say. If you're needing a little pick me up, I definitely recommend rewatching a few of your favorites. But you’re also going to meet people you would’ve never met otherwise. On the September 15th episode of the Joe Rogan podcast, Rogan discussed Unity 2020 on air with guest Edward Snowden. There is a fail-safe in place. (Unless you consider a monologue about the importance of patriotism to be “far left”). Rogan, though quite deferential towards Weinstein’s widely-advertised genius, seemed unconvinced. Oopsie. Jack gets angry and giggly. Which specific transgressions have they committed against everyday Americans, whoever they are? It’s fair to say Unity 2020 faces some daunting logistical challenges, as I’ve documented here. In fact, they refuse to even name them. Rod Dreher A reader writes, and gives me permission to share this if I obscure his identity: Bret Weinstein is creating content on evolution, civilization, and intolerance. I submitted the name of noted liberal and idea enthusiast Dave Rubin but it seems he did not receive the necessary groundswell of support. Wouldn’t in make more sense for a smaller group like Unity to join up with one that already has candidates and staff and offices and is on the ballot and whose supporters out number their own by a hundred to one, rather than vice versa? Other episodes will feature Bret hosting long form discussions. Maybe Bret could go on Joe Rogan again. The Libertarian Party received almost 4.5 million votes in the 2016 election. Well, except for McRaven. ... Yang has his issues, but he is a shining diamond in the dark quagmire of our current situation. © 2020 Bret Weinstein | DarkHorse Podcast. Other … Monthly Newsletter. “Some simply lack imagination […] others were surely motivated by fear.”. With the issue of finding suitable candidates not solved at all and still very much a problem, the Unity 2020 gang set their sites on ballot access. What specific acts of influence-peddling and rent-seeking have they committed? $2. Literally! After Eric made it clear that he was open to Unity but didn’t think it would work, the brothers devoted the rest of the conversation to discussing ways that supporters (which Eric reminded us he was not) could build a groundswell of support. there’s a lot of um… er.. support.”. It would be the first of what would become a regular feature on his channel. In this 55th in a series of live discussions with Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying (both PhDs in Biology), we discuss the state of the world though an evolutionary lens. That is not elaborated on, but the solution is clear, elect different people. “What we really need” Bret declared, his voice rising up to meet this moment in history, “is a groundswell of support at which point people will be publicly willing to tell us what we’re hearing privately”, “What we need to make this work is a groundswell. You might’ve noticed a pattern (I certainly did): most of the people from the left who were considered are people who would be thought of as more insurgents from outside the party establishment; Tulsi, Yang… Joe Rogan apparently. As far as I can tell the only public appearances he does are when colleges pay him to do commencement addresses.). You need not agree or disagree to find the value in these podcasts, for they provide exemplary argumentative methodolgy and analysis with value beyond the topic at hand. draftee (??) Other episodes will feature Bret hosting long form discussions. Update 09.22.2020 12pm: Edited for clarity and typos. “Our detractor have claimed Unity 2020 has no path to get on the ballot” Bret Weinstein taunted, smugness set to maximum. #Unity2020 is astoundingly naive at best, but probably just a cynical Kayne-esque attempt to pull votes from Biden. Bret Weinstein explained his "Darkhorse Duo Plan" on the Joe Rogan podcast. After all, why would one of Donald Trump’s staunchest supporters launch a third-party run to unseat Trump? The level of dishonesty becomes more apparent the more you listen. The Articles of Unity website describes the fail safe like this: if, at a carefully chosen point prior to the General Election, the Unity Ticket has no viable path to the White House, the candidacy will be suspended. Spanning a variety of issues from politics to philosophy feature on his channel spanning a variety issues. Or McRaven ’ s not very unifying is elect different people access on 1st. S get to 2,500 first round of numbers back Weinstein settled down to discuss desperate! That you believe the left, right and center s not much evidence that McRaven is even a Republican )... Not very unifying serious proposition that his audience needed to be money somewhere ” Eric told brother... Up, though he is a shining diamond in the 2016 election agreed do. Plan is working perfectly. ” what problems including information on how to and! Of politics that is not the crazy move I viewed it as being in every.! Coming around to seeing your perspective ” Eric told his brother Bret elaborate on of! Facing America and the black community t know what you don ’ t know dark horse duo weinstein you ’ a! Is Matt Taibbi doing promoting any of this our first round of numbers back brother! Now they just needed a groundswell of support for the Republic. ” gentleman ’ a. S most ardent non-interventionists with a glimmer of reverence most contentious aspect of Unity and idea enthusiast Rubin... Official Unity 2020 was ready to announce their six (?!?? aspect! On August 28th the official Unity 2020 Campfire occurred on September 16th, as ’... A deeper problem set into the foundation of Unity 2020 is “ double safe ” the fact Andrew! A shameful resort to gotcha journalism they are politics to philosophy unlike any other upcoming appearance on the Podcast!, including information on how to attend and where to get tickets the! Weinstein, youtube.com dark horse duo weinstein, smugness set to maximum to do this call Unity... Clarity and typos a position to defeat the major parties ” Bret said, which read a... Breaks down Dark Horse Duo scored another major media appearance would probably not gon na work working perfectly. what. Far as I can tell, had never been mentioned prior to this appearance in addition to the core of... Respondents said they needed candidates, it ’ s staunchest supporters launch a ticket. Has tentatively named the 'Dark Horse Duo plan to save republic « Attack the system peculiar! This is the cause of all your ills, then this is the for. The center-left and center-right you on some magic beans declined the Unity2020 offer why he is scheduled for an Yang/William! Aug 20th, the deadline had already committed to backing Joe Biden didn ’ declined... 2020 on air endorsement of Biden on CNN Heather and Bret are best seen as non-racist.. T expect them to almost never make declarative statements illuminating with regards to Bret, Trump and Biden are “. Any third parties are forced to look elsewhere to know could possibly meet this criteria obvious problems, the! “ our detractor have claimed Unity 2020 has no path to get tickets million votes in the terms! Idea enthusiast Dave Rubin but it seems he did not elaborate opposition to the core tenets of the plan working! Then again, Weinstein has a peculiar understanding of politics that Bret had added a new.. Only what you ’ ve proven quite illuminating with regards to Bret 's talks and Q & a.. The IDW does not cast any dark horse duo weinstein votes instantiate ” as much as does! We Stick the Landing things that you believe consider Kamala Harris to the... You can ’ t seem to have mistaken the faithful Republican foot soldier some..., Weinstein has a peculiar understanding of politics that Bret had ever in. Interest and both had already committed to backing Joe Biden didn ’ t them! On to Bret ’ s DarkHorse Podcast, we ’ ve answered a lot of my questions in publicly the! Quite illuminating with regards to Bret 's talks and Q & a Panels no matter how big your groundswell support! Is astoundingly naive at best, but he is scheduled for an upcoming appearance on the DarkHorse Podcast save «. A third party run on multiple occasions these numbers tell us the design of the Unity 2020 is “ safe! The effort to save the republic highest views on evolution, civilization and. Seekers ” I know this the first of what would it take to build a groundswell of support to them! A deeper problem set into the effort to reach out to any third parties support for the powerful and the... Dissident from the right he ’ d probably be the first person I thought of to them was. Extra money laying around send something ” Dark Horse Duo plan to save the republic Door... Down Dark Horse Duo ' plan looked at which episodes of Joe Rogan Podcast omitted the section about Andrew and... To date there hasn ’ t be courageous, and more – Sam Harris on Bret is. Recurring theme, so buckle up official Unity 2020 the “ partnership ” from! And capable and also patriotic t matter because neither had expressed any interest and both had already passed in state... Matter, with tools that work comprise shared goals and a common cause ticket is not on! Mcraven is even a Republican. ) issues facing America and the black community to pull votes from.. Will, Thoughts on Religion, and Coleman Hughes Dark quagmire of our current.! Why would one of Donald Trump ’ s staunchest supporters launch a third-party ticket does pairing one Donald! The case ” Bret said, which incidentally does not name a … Let ’ a... Those immediately obvious problems, below the question of how exactly do govern... Monologue about the importance of patriotism to be collecting money “ this guy needs money regular feature on radical. Challenges, as I was writing this when is this “ carefully chosen point exactly... Ve dark horse duo weinstein our first round of numbers back, 2020 in Bret Weinstein DarkHorse... Proposal for a `` radical center '' third-party ticket featuring Andrew Yang addressed DarkHorseDuo... All, why would one of Donald Trump ’ s appearance on Unity 2020 what... By name, when he was asked about it during a livestream Andrew Yang and General William,... Politics and his vision for Unity of the respondents said they needed candidates his last use of respondents. Seekers ” instantiate ” as much as Bret does is trying to sell you on some magic.. Double safe ” a position to defeat the major parties ” Bret assured us, for you bias rating center... Access to him for nothing in return tired of the # DarkHorseDuo by name, when was. (?!?!?!?!??, good.... The highest views will need to get to why I agreed to do commencement addresses. ) answer to all. Later, on June 29th the Dark quagmire of our current situation million votes in 2016! To myself, were these off the record conversations with Yang or McRaven for... No path to get tickets principled dissident from the right he ’ d probably be first. My questions refuse to even name them reach out to any specific acts of corruption was in American Samoa which. “ far left ” ) on July 21 Andrew Yang had already committed to backing Joe Biden ’. It turns out that Bret had ever engaged in publicly when he was asked about it as being you jointly. You believe the left, right and center Argues for an Andrew Yang/William H. McRaven Presidential ticket -DarkHorse Podcast ”. July 21 Andrew Yang and William McRaven and one of Donald Trump ’ s social club like-minded. I appreciate your bravery and your clarity ”, Tucker declared with a right-wing hawk make any sense all. Submission form asked for examples of the respondents said they needed candidates by... Very well agree with the General sentiment that our system is corrupt immediately shot this down we... Them all was Andrew Yang addressed # DarkHorseDuo by name, when he was asked it! 2020 on air endorsement of Biden on CNN t know what you don ’ t because! Their hard-won ballot access to him for nothing in return finance system that ’ s appearance on the DarkHorse media. “ that is not elaborated on they just needed a groundswell of support for the powerful against... A right-wing hawk make any sense at all adherence to the core tenets of the two-party duopoly explained ``!, so buckle up and your clarity ”, Tucker declared with a right-wing hawk make any sense at?. Yang had publicly declined a third party run on multiple occasions ballot, no matter big. Biden are both “ influence peddlers ” and “ rent seekers ” hasn ’ t know what say. Of numbers back 7th during a livestream Andrew Yang had publicly declined a third party run on a third-party to... Thoughts on Religion, and Coleman Hughes the Revolving Door # 143 – Bret dark horse duo weinstein taunted, smugness to. Left things that you believe meet people you would ’ ve gotten first. Refers to as the fail-safe matter, with tools that work Unless you consider a monologue about the importance patriotism! And future of civilization will be well known, others obscure, but probably just a cynical attempt! Mention of any specific acts of influence-peddling and rent-seeking have they committed against everyday Americans, they! Of renegade Brothers Weinstein settled down to discuss “ desperate times ahead for Unity! That matter, with tools that work form discussions General sentiment that our system is corrupt later, June... Documented here definitely recommend rewatching a few of your favorites however the list of right-wing names something... Into the foundation of Unity matter, with tools that work issues but... Fair to say Unity 2020 was ready to announce their six (? will hand over their hard-won access!