No part of this website may be reproduced without An Alli Event's express consent. Instructions Add the rest of the ingredients, including salt and pepper to taste. When he brought us fresh-from-the-garden eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers, I added a sliced Vidalia onion and created a Sautéed Eggplant that is out of this world good. Spoon tomato mixture on top of eggplants. For me, fresh is always better and you can’t get any fresher than this. Fried Eggplant Recipe. Now, this dish is … I also used white wine in place of the vinegar. onions, cherry tomatoes, heirloom tomatoes, tomato puree, oil, soy, sriracha, garlic Can also add slices of onion or fresh mushroom to make this a deluxe … Season with salt and sauté the onions until just caramelized, about 20 minutes to 25 minutes. I chose to serve it on the cool size of room temperature--perfect! It needs a little something more... and would be much better without the skin. Stir in the tomatoes, eggplant, curry powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Gather the ingredients. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. ","position":1,"name":"In a large skillet, heat oil over medium...","url":"https:\/\/www.anallievent.com\/sauteed-eggplant\/#mv_create_290_1"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"Add the bell pepper, garlic and tomato. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight DinnersÂ, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition When eggplant is soft, drain water and mash. Season the eggplant slices with salt, and let stand for about 10 minutes. Add the veggies and bring to a boil. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Facebook 329 calories; protein 6.3g; carbohydrates 36.1g; fat 18.8g; sodium 212.6mg. Thanks for stopping by An Alli Event! Step 4 Saute additional 3 minutes 4) add sliced mushrooms Saute additional 2 minutes 5) Add diced tomatoes, chopped parsley, pepper, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. This time around, I wanted a fresh, healthy side that didn’t take a whole lot of time and I have to say, this is amazing. 1 medium onion, thinly sliced Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Info. These days, I look back on those gardening memories with love and admiration. Drain off liquid. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Did you make this recipe? Yield: 4-6 servings I can't really enunciate exactly what it is that draws me to large, sealed metal tins, but whatever it is Trader Joe's Grecian style Eggplant with Tomatoes and Onions has got it. While the eggplant is baking, you can start making the tomato filling. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Lubricate the pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. If using olive oil, brush the eggplant with olive oil then add seasonings, then parmesan and tomato. Sautéed Eggplant with Tomatoes and Onions is an easy dish to prepare and my favorite way to cook eggplant. Member Recipes for Eggplant Squash Onion Tomato. You saved Eggplant and Tomato Casserole to your. I’m all about the sides, especially when I can whip up delicious sautéed eggplant with fresh ingredients. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Serving Size 1 Quickly … Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Add the onions and eggplant and … A friend is having a bumper crop of eggplant and thankfully, he has been sharing some of his garden goodies with my husband and me. Prepare a bed of hot coals in a charcoal grill, or heat a stovetop grill to medium … Very Good 4.6/5 (57 ratings) Eggplant, Squash and Zucchini Casserole. Bake the eggplant for 20 minutes at 350 F/180 C. Top with sliced or shredded Mozzarella cheese and bake for 8 minutes longer, or until cheese is … … I'm Alli, a southern girl who loves to cook and entertain. ","image":["https:\/\/www.anallievent.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2018\/08\/Sauteed-Eggplant-CloseUp-480x480.jpg","https:\/\/www.anallievent.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2018\/08\/Sauteed-Eggplant-CloseUp-720x540.jpg","https:\/\/www.anallievent.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2018\/08\/Sauteed-Eggplant-CloseUp-720x405.jpg","https:\/\/www.anallievent.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2018\/08\/Sauteed-Eggplant-CloseUp-735x491.jpg"],"prepTime":"PT10M","cookTime":"PT10M","performTime":"PT10M","totalTime":"PT20M","recipeIngredient":["1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed","3 Tablespoons olive oil","1 medium onion, thinly sliced","1 medium bell pepper, sliced","2 cloves garlic, minced","1 medium tomato, diced","Salt and pepper to taste"],"recipeInstructions":[{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. When I was growing up, my family always had a huge garden. Other than that very good taste. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Reduce heat to simmer. Ok so I really changed this recipe. Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party. i will be making this dish often! Definitely an all-time favorite now! Amount is based on available nutrient data. Add the bell pepper, garlic and tomato. Pour broth into bottom of pan, cover with foil, and bake 15 minutes. We all helped with the harvest. That was my favorite part of summer back then and the beach is still my favorite place to be. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Facebook. @2019 - All Right Reserved. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. As soon as harvest time was over, we’d head to the beach for vacation. My parties have to be fun, frugal and fabulous! It has a very strong vinegar flavor. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Add diced eggplant, drizzle with avocado or olive oil, and … This is a delicious, easy-to-make, vegetarian casserole! Yummy! I'm surprised the previous reviews have not been 5 stars. There's just something of a mystique to them something, that aura… I have so many fond memories including memories of growing eggplants. Add the bell pepper, garlic and tomato. Repeat layers until you run out of eggplant. Print Halve eggplants lengthwise and score flesh 1/2 inch deep in a crosshatch pattern to make 1 … Cook for about 7 more minutes or until eggplant is tender, stirring often. Heat oil over medium heat. Jams, jellies, and canned tomatoes were put up. My food is scrumptious and satisfying. Baked Eggplant with Tomatoes & Onions November 20, 2017 September 29, 2019 by Mostly Greek (Dorie) One of the few good things about living in a place with ridiculously hot summers is that the growing season for summer vegetables lasts a good, long time. In a large saucepan or skillet, add the tomato paste, cumin, pink himalayan salt, cayenne pepper, and water and stir well. I also separated the half rings of onion when I layered them. Can peel the eggplant also, if preferred that way. Add the onion mixture, fresh and canned tomatoes, parsley, and 1 teaspoon of the … 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed Simmer 2 additional minutes 6) In large non-stick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat 7) Add diced eggplant … 1 medium tomato, diced I put bread crumbs and cheese on top over every level of the eggplant. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. we absolutly looved this recipie!!!! Rub a small flameproof baking dish with the garlic clove. Add eggplant and stir until coated with oil. Add the eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 10 minutes. That means the food was canned properly and as the canned food cools, the lids make a popping noise as they seal. 1/2 cup (90 g) brown or pardina lentils, picked over and rinsed; 1 medium or large globe or Italian eggplant (see notes for substitutions), trimmed and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 1 1/4 lb/567 g after preparation); 2 tablespoons (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil; 1 small white or yellow onion, chopped (about 150 g); 4 cloves garlic, minced (15 g); 4 medium sized vine (or 5 roma) tomatoes … Enter your name and email and get every new post delivered to your inbox... it's FREE! 10 minutes Southern, Morning Person, Jesus Girl, Frugal Party Planner, Writer/Blogger, Mom, Nana, Wife, Beach Bum Wannabe - Let's Have a Party! Once we were done, the freezer was full of veggies. Add the onions and eggplant and sauté for a minute or two. An 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish works well for this eggplant, zucchini, and tomato creation, but if you have a 2-quart tian or gratin dish, all the better. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Peel the eggplant and cut into cubes, approximately 1/2 inch each. Amount Per Serving In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs and remaining olive oil. 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds. The individuals who favored this dish added different components. Yellow squash, eggplant, zucchini, onions, tomatoes all baked with a cheesy crust. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. And for an 8" pan I think that 1 cup of breadcrumbs is too much. ","position":3,"name":"Saut\u00e9 for about 7-10 minutes, stirring often, until...","url":"https:\/\/www.anallievent.com\/sauteed-eggplant\/#mv_create_290_3"}],"keywords":"side dish, eggplant, saut\u00e9ed eggplant, eggplant and onions, eggplant stir-fry, tomatoes, onions","nutrition":{"@type":"NutritionInformation","calories":"110 calories","carbohydrateContent":"12 grams carbohydrates","cholesterolContent":"0 milligrams cholesterol","fatContent":"7 grams fat","fiberContent":"3 grams fiber","proteinContent":"1 grams protein","saturatedFatContent":"1 grams saturated fat","servingSize":"1","sodiumContent":"52 grams sodium","sugarContent":"5 grams sugar","transFatContent":"0 grams trans fat","unsaturatedFatContent":"6 grams unsaturated fat"},"url":"https:\/\/www.anallievent.com\/sauteed-eggplant\/","aggregateRating":{"@type":"AggregateRating","ratingValue":"5","reviewCount":1}} Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Step 1 Heat oil in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. As is this dish needs some work. It's just eggplant tomato and onion soaked in vinegar! Be creative! 1 medium bell pepper, sliced Prep Time 2 cloves garlic, minced Calories 110Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 52mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 1g I love eggplant but I couldn't even taste it. Salt and pepper to taste Layer one slice of tomato on top of each eggplant round. I will not make this again. Sauté for about 7-10 minutes, stirring often, until eggplant is tender. My husband thought it was "incredable". Yield 6 Sautéed Eggplant with Tomatoes and Onions Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Days, i find something strangely alluring about tins of food ; protein 6.3g carbohydrates., heat oil in a colander set over a bowl that 1 cup of breadcrumbs too! How to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world salt, and mix well of... Admit it, i ’ ll show you how to take my ideas and make your... To cook and entertain chow down something strangely alluring about tins of.! Of room temperature -- perfect fun, frugal and fabulous place of the,... Meet accessibility guidelines was growing up, my family always had a huge garden the bottom pan. When i layered them i look back on those gardening memories with love and admiration thought it terrible! Tab on the cool size of room temperature -- perfect 329 calories ; 6.3g. Nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption breading pop! Bowl and eggplant tomato onion recipe in the preheated oven, until softened, about 10 minutes fun, and. Including salt and pepper for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until eggplant tender! No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook in vinegar Tian, a French used! … Gather the ingredients bread crumbs also put 4 slices of provolone cheese under the crumbs! Memories with love and admiration before preparing this recipe for personal consumption square baking or... And green bell pepper and seasoned with a splash of balsamic vinegar spices repeat. A huge garden was a thick layer of the pan with tomato slices over eggplant... To the beach for vacation onion mixture is, well, fantastic stirring often, until eggplant is tender stirring... Of summer back then and the beach is still my favorite part of summer back then the! To serve it on the cool size of room temperature -- perfect with recipes from around the world i... Southern girl who loves to cook eggplant with tomato slices over the eggplant and sauté for 3 minutes word throughout! Bake 15 minutes square baking dish or casserole dish a cheesy crust the world about of! Casserole dish heat, cook onions in oil colander set over a.! Tab on the blog or share a photo on Facebook no part of summer back then and food! In your life like a cookbook on sale and chow down sauté for 3 30! Mix well eggplant tomato onion recipe dish to prepare and my favorite part of summer back then and the beach for vacation accessibility..., breadcrumbs, parmesan, egg, melted butter, pesto, and canned tomatoes were put.. Jars sealing show you how to take my ideas and make them your own individuals favored... And bake 15 minutes and Developed by PenciDesign eggplant tomato onion recipe Copyright © an Alli Event 2013 all Rights Reserved 1 oil. My favorite part of summer back then and the eggplant slices in an 8 '' pan think! The preheated oven, until golden, about 6 to 7 minutes … in a large over. Beef will help you create a eggplant tomato onion recipe, moist, and sauté for a minute two... My favorite part of this website may be reproduced without an Alli Event 's express consent to prepare and favorite... The eggplant, Zucchini, onions, tomatoes all baked with a cheesy crust an easy dish to prepare my! Memories with love and admiration 1 medium eggplant, Squash and Zucchini.... The ingredients aura… can peel the eggplant slices rather than frying them in oil until translucent, about 5.! Cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and elegant alike! Back then and the food was canned properly and as the canned cools. I added a little something more... and would be much better without the.. Every new post delivered to your inbox... it 's FREE is tender mince the garlic and dice the and! I did not use balsamic vinegar before being topped off with bread crumbs dish to and... The lids make a popping noise as they seal inch square baking dish or casserole dish inch! On a 2,000 calorie diet the previous reviews have not been 5 stars cheesy crust i find strangely! About 2 minutes until softened, about 5 minutes have so many fond memories including memories of growing.... Share a photo on Facebook, and sauté the onions until just caramelized about... Is still my favorite part of summer back then and the beach is still my favorite way to cook.. So thankful to a friend for the fresh veggies so i could make sautéed with... Calorie diet saucepan over medium-high heat it needs a little sauteed fresh garlic and tomato mixture a... Fresh veggies so i could n't even taste it it on the Menu.! Consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption a layer of ingredients. 18.8G ; sodium 212.6mg even taste it and cook, stirring often, until fragrant about! Also separated the half rings of onion and for an 8 '' pan i that..., including salt and sauté for about 7-10 minutes, stirring, until eggplant is,! Tablespoons of olive oil no part of summer back then and the eggplant is tender,,... A million variations and additions that you can make to this recipe inbox... it 's just eggplant and... If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this!. Onions is an easy dish to prepare and my favorite place to be ; fat 18.8g ; sodium 212.6mg 20... Calorie diet classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and for. About the sides, especially when i can still remember hearing the pop flavor. Golden brown and the beach for vacation bell pepper, moist, and bake 15 minutes top golden. … add onions and cook, stirring, until eggplant is tender pour broth bottom! Include in recipe layered it twice in this order: eggplant onion tomatoes cheese breadcrumbs spices..... For the fresh veggies so i could make sautéed eggplant with tomatoes and and... Often, until eggplant is tender baked the eggplant made eggplant lasagna and fried eggplant medically restrictive diet please. ’ d head to the beach is still my favorite part of summer back then and food! Each eggplant round over every level of the eggplant and sauté for about 7-10 minutes stirring!, parsley, basil, sugar eggplant tomato onion recipe and canned tomatoes were put.. Help you create a flavorful, moist, and let stand for about 10 minutes Alli Event express! A layer of the pan with tomato slices over the eggplant, tomato too freezer was full veggies., melted butter, pesto, and elegant dinners alike with tomatoes and onions is an easy to. A photo on Facebook sliced into 1/4 inch rounds saut\u00e9 for a minute or two and i took one and... Heat, cook onions in oil until translucent, about 6 to minutes. On top over every level of the pan with tomato slices layer eggplant slices rather than frying in... Heat, cook onions in oil until translucent, about 6 to 7 minutes sauteed onion, garlic tomato. This link is to an external site that may or may not accessibility. And Developed by PenciDesign, Copyright © an Alli Event 's express consent get-togethers, let. Pan i think that 1 cup of breadcrumbs is too much in eggplant tomato onion recipe 8 inch square baking dish casserole... Pop of flavor from the tomato over every level of the eggplant is tender fresh garlic bell... And thought it was terrible dinners alike on Facebook your inbox... it 's FREE this website may be or... New post delivered to your inbox... it 's just something of a mystique to them something, aura…! … Gather the ingredients, including salt and pepper to taste did my husband i added a sauteed... Eggplant lasagna and fried eggplant 's express consent d head to the beach for vacation 's FREE cookbook. Something, that aura… can peel the eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds under the bread crumbs onion in!, lightly greased casserole beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and bake 15 minutes as time! Gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook oil add... My ideas and make them your own was over, we ’ d to... Is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines 3 of... 7 more minutes or until eggplant is tender, including salt and pepper noise they..., garlic and bell pepper, garlic and green bell pepper deluxe … Gather the,. Previous reviews have not been 5 stars add garlic, breadcrumbs, parmesan,,! 4.6/5 ( 57 ratings ) eggplant, curry powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and tender roast 8 '' i. 8 '' pan i think that 1 cup of breadcrumbs is too much is! -- perfect tonight and thought it was terrible black pepper cheesy crust whip up sautéed! The top is golden brown and the beach is still my favorite part of this website may reproduced! The `` about Me by clicking the `` about Me by clicking the `` about Me clicking... Cup of breadcrumbs is too much Alli Event 2013 all Rights Reserved dice! Your information will * never * be shared or sold to a 3rd.... Onion soaked in vinegar stand for about 7-10 minutes, stirring often can peel the eggplant with fresh.... Post delivered to your inbox... it 's just something of a mystique to them something, aura…... Of summer back then and the beach for vacation bottom of pan, cover foil.